NbC: Samsung N120 netbook unboxed

May 1, 2009 at 3:23 pm

Samsung N120 NetbookThe Samsung N120 netbook dropped through our letterbox this morning and we thought we’d share our unboxing of Samsung’s latest netbook addition. We have a white N120 to put through its paces and initial impressions are certainly favourable.

As a quick recap, the Samsung N120 is one of the first netbooks to feature a full sized keyboard into a 10-inch netbook. Whilst this means you have a thick bezel around the screen, it doesn’t look too bad in the flesh. The speakers mounted either side of the screen go some way to making it less of an issue. Initial impressions on the keyboard itself are positive, it feels natural to type on and all of the buttons are in the right places. It’s not a chiclet keyboard, but that doesn’t mean it’s any less comfortable to type on.

I also like the matte effect on the chassis, it means the lid is not prone to fingerprints like some netbook models are. The other big selling point for the N120 is the 2.1 speaker system, we haven’t had a chance to test this yet, as the N120 is being charged as we speak. We will come back with a full review once we’ve put the Samsung N120 through some extensive testing. As always, if there are any questions you’d like answered, feel free to ask away in the comments section and we’ll do our best to answer them. Click through for the unboxing photos.

Samsung N120 netbook

Comments

20 Responses to “NbC: Samsung N120 netbook unboxed”

1. G@zz@ said:
    May 1st, 2009 4:36 PM

Looking forward to your full review. This is a serious purchase contender for me. Can be had for a round £373 in the UK right now.

2. Jet Sun said:
    May 1st, 2009 8:17 PM

The keyboard really sets it apart in my opinion, it really is a joy to use.

I’m not the biggest fan of glossy screens, but the N120’s screen isn’t as reflective as other netbooks/laptops I’ve seen in the past.

3. Jez - Samsung Netbook Community said:
    May 3rd, 2009 4:18 PM

Nice high res pics you have there. I like the way this little netbook provides the extra size over the NC10 but it doesn’t really seem a lot bigger (imo). I can still see people happily slinging that in their bag and carrying it around all day without feeling it was any more heavy. Look forward to the review :)

4. Jayne said:
    May 3rd, 2009 11:50 PM

Great images of a what seems to be a good product. Thank you :)

However, I’m confused – images 15 to 17 show a grey case whereas 26 and 27 show a black case. Which case is included with the N120?

5. OTACORB said:
    May 4th, 2009 2:09 AM

Jayne that is just over exposure by the camera, the case is black!

I know one thing seeing this white one I am sure glad I opted for the Black one as it looks so much better. I guess that is more of a preference thing, but it just looks to Apple-ish to me.

The pictures are excellent though… I also look forward to the review and I am glad to see confirmation as to what I had reported in my personal review of the glossy display not being as glossy as other models or brands.

I think Samsung found a great balance between the glossy (vivid rich colors) vs reflectiveness on this particular glossy display.

6. FarCry said:
    May 6th, 2009 5:56 PM

I just wanted to say that i am also looking forward to this review and to say that the black colour is better than the white one. That is on the contrast of the keys. I saw a picture on http://www.notebookjournal.de where you have the N110 black versus N120 white in full sunshine in the middle of the day

You can take a lot at this pic. You can clearly see that the light reflects on the white letter on the black keyboard and enhance it but it does the opposite when you have white keyboard. So i suppose you would have problem seeing the keys for non touch-typists in a sunny day

7. FarCry said:
    May 11th, 2009 9:53 AM
  8. FarCry said:
    May 12th, 2009 4:38 AM
  9. Sam Michel said:
    June 17th, 2009 1:17 PM

It is a nice laptop, it’s bettery life is much impressive with six cell, one can work on it continuously, without plug in it. The Samsung N120 isn’t the smallest or lightest netbook on the market. And it doesn’t have the loudest speakers.

10. Iqram said:
    February 23rd, 2015 12:19 AM

In the USA java phones are not sold much but in the outer world they are, most made in China and India. My new touch serecn is Chinese, running java sava os it doesnt talk like the iphone but does everything else like a highend smartphone. Its a no name brand. Plenty small companies in China making them, not all, but some work great. The Chinese are very good at it.

11. http://autoinsurancewun.top/foley-al-auto-insurance.html said:
    June 26th, 2015 5:34 AM

I searched a bunch of sites and this was the best.

12. http://autoinsuranceclass.info/how-to-get-a-good-car-insurance-quote.html said:
    July 1st, 2015 3:11 AM

That’s an astute answer to a tricky question

13. http://michaelstrelosmith.com/cheap-insurance-low-deposit.html said:
    November 2nd, 2015 3:00 PM

That’s an ingenious way of thinking about it.

14. http://pitacadas.com/go-girl-car-insurance.html said:
    November 26th, 2015 2:49 PM

This info is the cat’s pajamas!

15. http://annual-green-card-car-insurance-uk.carinsuranceeasy1.us/cheap-dental-insurance-in-arizona.html said:
    December 3rd, 2015 3:30 PM

Good to see a talent at work. I can’t match that.

16. village clash of clan said:
    January 23rd, 2016 6:51 AM

If my kids showed reduced grades in junior or senior high school or gamed outside of set occasions then went NE
    for a few months.

17. musical rey leon en barcelona said:
    January 23rd, 2016 10:11 AM

La recepción en parada es aquella en la que
    se consigue supervisar completamente el balón en los pies, perdiendo el
    componente de velocidad mas incrementando la precisión en el manejo siguiente del esférico.

18. campamento de verano uprm 2015 movies coming to dvd said:
    January 25th, 2016 8:54 PM

Todos los campamentos están a menos de 5 min de un centro médico,
    y a diez min de un centro hospitalario.

19. clash of clans france said:
    February 2nd, 2016 7:39 AM

There’s only one study.

20. campamentos de verano 2016 murcia said:
    September 5th, 2016 7:34 AM

También es importante saber de qué manera y con qué frecuencia las familias van a poder contactar con sus hijos,
    y si los pequeños podrán tener el móvil a mano.