ThinkPad X100e netbook to launch in January 2010?

November 9, 2009 at 10:18 am

ThinkPad X100eThinkpad will release the X100e netbook in time for the Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2009) on 5th January 2010 according to ThinkpadToday. The device has been dubbed the “entry level ultra portable, the first ThinkPad of its size” according to its sources.

Pictures floating around the web show a device with white lid, flush touchpad and chiclet keys. I hope I’m not the only one who would love to see the traditional black styling and normal keys. Specifications of the X100e remain a mystery for now, ThinkpadToday have taken a guess and believes it will come with a 12.1-inch (1280 x 800) display and 1.6GHz AMD Neo processor.

As a Thinkpad user myself, this sounds like great news, although I’m personally a bit skeptical until we hear something more official. However, back in April, the company were fishing around for consumers thoughts on whether a Thinkpad netbook was a good idea. So we know it is something they have been thinking of. Thinkpads are renowned for their bullet-proof build quality, excellent keyboards and reliability. I’d love to see a Thinkpad netbook, as long as it doesn’t compromise too much on the brands core attributes.

Comments

9 Responses to “ThinkPad X100e netbook to launch in January 2010?”

1. Servo said:
    February 23rd, 2015 7:49 AM

When you say MacOS wins hands down in the desktop excreienpe, I’m wondering if you can set some time aside to try different window managers under Linux.We have KDE and Gnome and as really a 3rd thing to test is KDE4 (though I think you want to wait until 4.1 is out).I’m guessing you are running one of those, I don’t really care which one it is :) Don’t want the trolls to jump on it.What I do care about is good feedback from someone like yourself on what my pet project (KDE4) can do to improve. And where its gone ways in providing more value then you have now.Besides, you can’t just state MacOS is better without at least trying multiple window managers to see how they fit your taste! :P

2. cheap insurance quotes said:
    March 18th, 2015 6:50 PM

The subsequent time I learn a weblog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as a lot as this one. I mean, I do know it was my choice to learn, however I really thought youd have one thing attention-grabbing to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you would fix when you werent too busy searching for attention.

3. http://autoinsuranceqoutesca.info/insurance-California-auto-estimator-salary.html said:
    June 26th, 2015 1:47 AM

Great thinking! That really breaks the mold!

4. http://phsclassof64.com/car_insurance_richmond.html said:
    August 2nd, 2015 1:11 AM

It’s a joy to find someone who can think like that

5. http://autoinsurancelin.org/multicarinsurancequotesonline.html said:
    August 27th, 2015 12:27 PM

Superb information here, ol’e chap; keep burning the midnight oil.

6. http://poweryourjourney.com/onthegoautoinsurance.php said:
    October 21st, 2015 10:35 AM

Clear, informative, simple. Could I send you some e-hugs?

Trackbacks

1. ThinkPad X100e netbook to launch in January 2010? – Netbook Choice | The Bargain Netbook
  2. Catch Up Monday: iPhone Nano Worldmode, Knocking Pics, Balloon! It Away And More | Otaku Gadgets
  3. Netbook Wednesday: Hackintoshes Relieved, Nokia Sees The Future, Dell Does MIDs And More | Otaku Gadgets