March 16, 2010 at 10:52 am
Sony has officially announced the Vaio M netbook that we’ve heard so much of recently. The Vaio M is Sony’s value offering compared to its Vaio W netbook, eschewing the HD display and chiclet keyboard of its higher-priced brother.
The Sony Vaio M (M11M1E) comes with a 1.66GHz N450 Atom processor, 1GB RAM, 250GB HDD, Windows 7 Starter, 6-cell battery and a 10.1-inch (1024 x 600) display. It will be available in either black or white and should be available from the end of the month. Click through for the specs and some promo shots.
Sony VAIO M11M1E Technical Specifications:
- Processor: Intel® Atom™ N450 1.66GHz
- OS: Genuine Windows® 7 Starter (32-bit)
- Memory: 1GB DDR2 SDRAM (667 MHz)
- HDD: 250GB Serial ATA (5400 rpm)
- Screen: 25.6cm (10.1”) 16:10 display (1024×600) with LED backlight
- Graphics: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3150
- Weight: 1.3kg (with supplied battery)
- Size: 180 x 33 x 260 mm (D x H x W)
- Others: WLAN 802.11b/g/n; Bluetooth 2.1+EDR; MOTION EYE® camera; stereo speakers plus mono microphone; 3xUSB; black/white colour options