March 30, 2009 at 11:08 am
Gigabyte’s upcoming netbook with a twist, the 10-inch Booktop M1022, has just appeared on the US FCC database. A number of documents appear on the website including external/internal photos, a better idea of its features and also a user manual. The Booktop M1022 is a white netbook that comes with its own docking station. The docking design allows you to connect a keyboard and monitor so that you can use it as a desktop at home and then take it out of its dock when on the move. When docked, the Booktop will output a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels, which may disappoint those of you with higher resolution monitors.
The actual specification of the M1022 Booktop itself is pretty average and will come in three different variants. The M1022M will come with a 10.1-inch (1024 x 600) LED backlit display powered by a 1.6GHz N270 Atom CPU and 945gSE chipset. It will come with 1GB RAM (2GB supported), a 160GB hard-disk drive, WiFi (b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1, a 1.3MP webcam and a 6-cell 7800 mAh battery.
The M1022G will be exactly the same as the above but will also offer 3G HSDPA support. The M1022P will offer a higher resolution 10.1-inch (1366 x 768) display and be powered by the more powerful 1.66GHz N280 Atom CPU plus GN40 chipset combination.
We still do not have an official release date from Gigabyte or indeed exactly which markets this will ship to. The fact that it has appeared on the FCC means a US release is likely however. Some import specialists are expecting the Booktop to hit retail channels at the end of April.
Gigabyte M1022 Booktop Technical Specifications:
- Intel Atom Processor N270 1.6GHz
Intel Atom Processor N280 1.66GHz(M1022P)
- Microsoft Windows XP Home
- Mobile Intel 945GSE Express Chipset+ ICH7M (Intel GN40 for M1022P)
- 1GB SO-DIMM*1 (Max 2 GB)
- Mobile Intel® 945GSE Express Chipset+ ICH7M
- 10.1″TFT-LCD WSVGA, 1024×600, with LED backlit (1366 x 768 for M1022P)
- 2.5″ 9.5mm SATA HDD 5400rpm, 160 GB
- USB(2.0)*3, Mic-in, Earphone-out, D-Sub, RJ45, 4-in-1 card reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS Pro), Express Card, Docking Port, DC-in
- Speaker 1.5 watt*2
- Bluetooth V2.1+EDR
- 1.3M pixels webcam
- Ethernet LAN 10/100BASE-T
- Wireless 802.11b/g/n, 802.16 WiMAX(optional)
- 3.5G Module HSDPA support (M1022G)
- Li-ion 6 cell 7800mAh Battery
- Dimension: 265(W) x 191(D) x 26.5~30.5(H)mm
- Weight: 1.3kg (with 6-cell battery)