Acer Aspire One gets Broadcom HD Video Accelerator mod

July 27, 2009 at 12:45 pm

Acer Aspire One gets Broadcom HD Video Accelerator modTrying to get high-definition video content playback is a no-go for most netbooks out there. Even the latest Intel GMA500 graphics included in the Poulsbo chipset has poor driver support, which means you’ll have to wait for ION-based netbooks to get some real HD goodness. However, Broadcom has an alternative with its Crystal HD Media Accelerator.

This PCI-E card enables “flawless playback of all internet steaming video” according to the company, along with support of 720p and 1080p (H.264) video content. It is currently included as an option with the HP Mini 110, although it hasn’t appeared on other netbooks thus far. Not wanting to wait, Terracode decided to mod their Acer Aspire One with the HD accelerator (BCM70012).

The difference that the card makes to HD video content is demonstrated in two videos below. Both have been outputted to an external monitor, after all, what use is HD video on a 1024 x 600 netbook display. The first video is made prior to the mod and you can see a slideshow of a video, full of stuttering and dropped frames. The second includes the Broadcom mod and highlights the difference made, with smooth video playback. Check out both videos below.

Without HD Media Accelerator

With HD Media Accelerator

Via Slashgear.

Comments

9 Responses to “Acer Aspire One gets Broadcom HD Video Accelerator mod”

1. Hair growth Cap said:
    October 11th, 2021 8:50 AM
  2. Valley Vape Shop said:
    October 20th, 2021 2:06 PM

I manage a vape shop directory site and we have had a posting from a vape shop in the United States that additionally markets CBD products. A Month afterwards, PayPal has contacted use to claim that our account has been restricted and have requested us to take out PayPal as a payment solution from our vape store submission site. We do not offer CBD items like CBD oil. We solely offer internet marketing solutions to CBD firms. I have taken a look at Holland & Barrett– the UK’s Reputable Health and wellness Merchant and if you take a good look, you will see that they promote a pretty considerable range of CBD items, particularly CBD oil and they also happen to take PayPal as a settlement method. It emerges that PayPal is employing contradictory standards to many different firms. As a result of this restriction, I can no longer accept PayPal on my CBD-related website. This has restrained my payment possibilities and now, I am intensely contingent on Cryptocurrency payments and direct bank transfers. I have talked with a barrister from a Magic Circle law office in The city of london and they said that what PayPal is undertaking is absolutely not legal and discriminatory as it ought to be applying a systematic criterion to all companies. I am still to seek advice from an additional lawyer from a US law firm in London to see what PayPal’s legal position is in the USA. Meanwhile, I would be highly appreciative if anybody here at targetdomain could offer me with different payment processors/merchants that work with CBD companies.

3. how to make your own cbd vape oil said:
    November 7th, 2021 7:46 AM

Good Afternoon everybody ! can anyone recommend where I can buy Krypted CBD CBD Concentrate Mango Isolate Powder 1 Gram?

4. how many drop of 100mg of cbd organix should i take said:
    November 18th, 2021 6:29 AM

Good Morning everybody ! can anyone recommend where I can purchase Fresh Bombs CBD Bath Muscles Joint Fizzy Dust 50mg 250mg?

5. Vape And Juice said:
    November 28th, 2021 7:58 AM

I oversee a vape shop submission site and we have had a listing from a vape shop in the USA that likewise sells CBD products. A Month later, PayPal has contacted use to claim that our account has been restricted and have asked us to get rid of PayPal as a payment solution from our vape shop directory. We do not retail CBD products like CBD oil. We merely offer web marketing services to CBD firms. I have taken a look at Holland & Barrett– the UK’s Leading Wellness Merchant and if you take a good look, you will see that they offer a rather substantial series of CBD product lines, particularly CBD oil and they also happen to take PayPal as a settlement method. It emerges that PayPal is applying twos sets of rules to different firms. As a result of this constraint, I can no longer accept PayPal on my CBD-related online site. This has constricted my payment options and presently, I am seriously dependent on Cryptocurrency payments and straightforward bank transfers. I have gotten in touch with a lawyer from a Magic Circle law firm in London and they said that what PayPal is doing is altogether illegal and inequitable as it ought to be applying a consistent criterion to all firms. I am yet to consult with an additional attorney from a US law practice in London to see what PayPal’s legal position is in the United States. For the time being, I would be highly appreciative if anyone here at targetdomain could offer me with alternative payment processors/merchants that work with CBD companies.

6. Firehouse E-Cigs said:
    December 8th, 2021 1:33 PM

Has anyone ever been to N3Vapor Vapor Store in 1818 Palo Verde Ave #B?

7. bay way said:
    December 12th, 2021 11:28 PM

Touche. Solid arguments. Keep up the great work.Here is my blog: desktop computer

8. Le-Vap said:
    December 23rd, 2021 9:23 PM

Let me know Vape It Now vaporizer store based in 2401 Washington Ave sells e-juice made by FoodFighter Juice Remixed SALT? I have emailed them at archcityvapors@gmail.com

9. what happens in a lingerie modeling studio said: