September 15, 2009 at 7:39 am
No surprises on this announcement since most details have been leaked over the last few weeks, but this morning HP has announced an 11.6-inch netbook using the ION platform. The HP Mini 311 sports a high resolution (1366 x 768) display and is powered by a 1.6GHz N270 Atom CPU. It also has 1GB RAM and a 160GB HDD.
The press release confirms that it will come with Nvidia ION LE (entry level) and runs on Windows XP. I’m surprised that HP didn’t choose to go for a full-sized keyboard, you get a 92-percent sized keyboard that is standard on most 10-inch netbooks. Other features include three USB ports, a couple of audio jacks and a 5-in-1 card reader.
The Mini 311 will hit the US on September 23rd for $399. Another SKU with Windows 7 will launch on October 22nd. Laptop Mag has a hands-on video that is worth checking out. The HP Mini 311 will be branded as the Compaq Mini 311 in Europe, Pocket Lint has a number of photos of this model. The Compaq Mini 311 will hit the UK for £349.
HP Mini 311 Technical Specifications:
• Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition with Service Pack 3(1)
• Intel® AtomTM Processor N270(3) • 1.60GHz(4) • 512KB L2 • 533Mhz FSB(4a)
• 1024MB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm) • Max supported =3072MB
• NVIDIA ION LE for Windows XP with up to 319MB total graphics memory
• 160GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive (SATA)(7)
• HP Black Swirl Imprint finish & HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone(15)
• 11.6″ Diagonal HD LED(8) BrightView Widescreen Display (1366 x 768)
• Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector) (9)
• 802.11b/g WLAN(10a)
• 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards(17a)
• Altec Lansing Speakers
• 92% full sized keyboard • touchpad with scroll zone
• Touch Pad with dedicated vertical Scroll Up/Down (note: no on/off button)
• 3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
• Headphone-out/Microphone in combo jack (compatible with 3.5mm 4-conductor jack with stereo audio and mono mic)
• 1 VGA (15-pin) • 1 RJ -45 (LAN)
• Unpackaged: 11.4 in (L) x 8.03 in (D) x 0.78-1.20 in (H) • Packaged: 13.6″(W) x 4.3″(D) x12.2″(H)
• Unpackaged: 3.22 lbs(12). • Packaged: 5.3 lbs
• Kensington® MicroSaver lock slot • Power-on password • Accepts 3rd party security lock devices
• 65W AC Adapter • 6-Cell Lithium-Ion battery
• HP 90W AC Adapter – KG298AA#ABA • HP PT06 Mini Battery – VP502AA • HP USB Essentials Port Replicator – NK398AA#ABA
• 1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty with Toll Free Support (NA) • 1-Year Free Hardware Technical Support • 30-Days Free Limited Software Support with 1-Year (from date of
purchase) Free Limited Software Support with Product Registration.