HP Mini 311 ION-powered netbook gets official

September 15, 2009 at 7:39 am

HP Mini 311No surprises on this announcement since most details have been leaked over the last few weeks, but this morning HP has announced an 11.6-inch netbook using the ION platform. The HP Mini 311 sports a high resolution (1366 x 768) display and is powered by a 1.6GHz N270 Atom CPU. It also has 1GB RAM and a 160GB HDD.

The press release confirms that it will come with Nvidia ION LE (entry level) and runs on Windows XP. I’m surprised that HP didn’t choose to go for a full-sized keyboard, you get a 92-percent sized keyboard that is standard on most 10-inch netbooks. Other features include three USB ports, a couple of audio jacks and a 5-in-1 card reader.

The Mini 311 will hit the US on September 23rd for $399. Another SKU with Windows 7 will launch on October 22nd. Laptop Mag has a hands-on video that is worth checking out. The HP Mini 311 will be branded as the Compaq Mini 311 in Europe, Pocket Lint has a number of photos of this model. The Compaq Mini 311 will hit the UK for £349.

HP Mini 311 Technical Specifications:

• Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition with Service Pack 3(1)
• Intel® AtomTM Processor N270(3) • 1.60GHz(4) • 512KB L2 • 533Mhz FSB(4a)
• 1024MB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm) • Max supported =3072MB
• 1
• NVIDIA ION LE for Windows XP with up to 319MB total graphics memory
• 160GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive (SATA)(7)
• HP Black Swirl Imprint finish & HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone(15)
• 11.6″ Diagonal HD LED(8) BrightView Widescreen Display (1366 x 768)
• Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector) (9)
• 802.11b/g WLAN(10a)
• 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards(17a)
• Altec Lansing Speakers
• 92% full sized keyboard • touchpad with scroll zone
• Touch Pad with dedicated vertical Scroll Up/Down (note: no on/off button)
• 3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
• Headphone-out/Microphone in combo jack (compatible with 3.5mm 4-conductor jack with stereo audio and mono mic)
• HDMI
• 1 VGA (15-pin) • 1 RJ -45 (LAN)
• Unpackaged: 11.4 in (L) x 8.03 in (D) x 0.78-1.20 in (H) • Packaged: 13.6″(W) x 4.3″(D) x12.2″(H)
• Unpackaged: 3.22 lbs(12). • Packaged: 5.3 lbs
• Kensington® MicroSaver lock slot • Power-on password • Accepts 3rd party security lock devices
• 65W AC Adapter • 6-Cell Lithium-Ion battery
• HP 90W AC Adapter – KG298AA#ABA • HP PT06 Mini Battery – VP502AA • HP USB Essentials Port Replicator – NK398AA#ABA
• 1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty with Toll Free Support (NA) • 1-Year Free Hardware Technical Support • 30-Days Free Limited Software Support with 1-Year (from date of
purchase) Free Limited Software Support with Product Registration.

Comments

12 Responses to “HP Mini 311 ION-powered netbook gets official”

1. SpencerUk said:
    September 15th, 2009 11:03 AM

Must say this is temping and at a reasonable price too….But saying that, an acer ferrari dual core..Hmm

2. Shah said:
    September 18th, 2009 1:28 PM

According to HP it should have a N280 Atom and max memory 3GB very cool indeed.

google “hp mini 311″ it should be the first or second link.

Header: HP Mini 311-1011TU Notebook PC – Product Specifications

3. David said:
    September 29th, 2009 2:23 PM

The UK version cant be upgraded to 3GB of Ram or have the Atom N280! Only the 270 (I called them to verifiy this!)! Also there is no customization options. The US site will not deliver to the UK either!
    If i was to buy the shoddy Compaq version of the 311, it will not be delivered until nearer the Windows 7 release date when the market and prices will alter..
    It looks like it will be worth holding out for the Asus Eee PC 1201N! Or waiting for HP to wake the hell up and realize that its neglect of the UK market is not going to do it any favors!

4. André said:
    November 26th, 2009 8:52 PM

David,

The UK Version can indeed be upgraded to 3GB as the 1GB is soldered on BUT there is another RAM slot. No worries, mate! You’re right about the processor though.

5. Fashion Styles said:
    September 1st, 2021 6:08 PM

My programmer is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using Movable-type on a variety of websites for about a year and am nervous about switching to another platform. I have heard fantastic things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it? Any help would be really appreciated!

6. Hairstyles said:
    September 2nd, 2021 12:49 PM

Another thing is that while looking for a good internet electronics retail outlet, look for web stores that are continually updated, keeping up-to-date with the hottest products, the most beneficial deals, and helpful information on product or service. This will ensure you are getting through a shop that really stays over the competition and provides you what you ought to make knowledgeable, well-informed electronics buys. Thanks for the essential tips I have learned from the blog.

7. Fashion Styles said:
    September 3rd, 2021 5:41 PM

I like what you guys are up too. Such smart work and reporting! Keep up the superb works guys I have incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it’ll improve the value of my site :)

8. Hairstyles said:
    September 4th, 2021 12:20 PM

Hi, Neat post. There is a problem along with your web site in internet explorer, might check this?IE nonetheless is the marketplace chief and a good section of other people will pass over your great writing due to this problem.

9. Hairstyles said:
    September 5th, 2021 9:24 PM

It is appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read more things about it!

10. Hairstyles said:
    September 7th, 2021 9:42 PM

Thanks for sharing your ideas listed here. The other element is that each time a problem arises with a computer system motherboard, folks should not take the risk with repairing that themselves because if it is not done correctly it can lead to permanent damage to the complete laptop. Most commonly it is safe to approach any dealer of the laptop for the repair of that motherboard. They have got technicians who definitely have an competence in dealing with laptop computer motherboard challenges and can make the right analysis and undertake repairs.

11. Hairstyles said:
    September 8th, 2021 7:55 PM

I have noticed that car insurance companies know the motors which are at risk from accidents and other risks. They also know what sort of cars are given to higher risk and the higher risk they have the higher the actual premium charge. Understanding the very simple basics regarding car insurance just might help you choose the right form of insurance policy that should take care of your preferences in case you happen to be involved in any accident. Thanks for sharing your ideas for your blog.

12. Hairstyles said:
    October 1st, 2021 5:10 PM

Very great post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your weblog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!