May 11, 2010 at 12:39 pm
Lenovo has announced the 11.6-inch Ideapad U160 that will sport new Intel CULV processors and is expected to launch in June with prices starting at $699. New features include a chiclet keyboard as well as an active protection system for the hard drive and an ambient light sensor.
The U160 will available in a number of configuration options that includes processors from Core i3 to i7. There will also be options for Pentium and Celeron processors. At its thinnest point the U160 will measure 0.9-inches and weigh 1.3kg (2.9lbs).
Other features include Wi-Fi (b/g/n), Bluetooth, HDMI, three USB ports, card reader and 1.3MP webcam. Battery life should be good for 3.5 hours on the 3-cell battery or 7 hours using the 6-cell. The U160 will come with a choice of Windows 7 Starter, Windows 7 Home Basic, and Windows 7 Home Premium. We’ll bring you more details as we have it.
Lenovo IdeaPad U160 Technical Specifications:
* 11.6-inch 1366 x 768 display
* Intel Core i3-330UM processor (1.2GHz, 3MB cache) TO Intel Core i7-740UM processor (1.2GHz, 4MB cache) OR
* Intel Celeron U3400 (1.06GHz, 2MB cache) AND Pentium U5400 (1.2GHz, 3MB cache)
* Up to 4GB DDR3 RAM
* 250 / 320 / 500GB HDD
* Gigabit LAN, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth (optional), WWAN (optional)
* VGA, HDMI, 3x USB 2.0, eSATA, card reader
* Dolby Sound, stereo speakers
* 1.3MP webcam
* 0.9” / 22.5mm thick (at thinnest point)
* 2.76 pounds / 1.25kg weight (3-cell battery) OR 3.09 pounds / 1.4kg weight (6-cell battery)
* 3.5 hours battery (3-cell) OR 7 hours (6-cell)